Ministry of Foreign Affairs
|Ministry of Foreign Affairs|
|Formed||1 October 1907|
J.C. Dowling Building|
8-16 East Mall
|Minister of State||Colin Perrott MHA|
|Assistant Minister||Anna Li MHA|
|Permanent Secretary||Anne Sandys|
|Overseas Aid Commission|
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is the one of the fifteen government ministries in the government of Guelphia. The role of the ministry is to oversee and promote the interests of Guelphia abroad, and is also responsible for managing New England's diplomatic relations, as well the interests of Guelphians travelling abroad. The Ministry is is headed by the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, presently Colin Perrott MHA.
The ministry is responsible for the following key areas of foreign policy:
- The control of all Embassies, Legations, High Commissions, Consulates and similar permanent missions abroad having diplomatic status and within Guelphia for relationships between the Government of Guelphia and foreign diplomatic missions and consulates;
- All communications between the government of Guelphia and other governments;
- Advising on policy or matters that arise in the various organs of the United Nations and its agencies, as well as questions of international economics and cultural relations;
- The administration of external aid policy and other programmes and the welfare of overseas students in Guelphia;
- General questions of international law (in consultation with the Ministry of Justice), relations with the International Court of Justice, the International Law Commission, negotiation and conclusion of treaties and international agreements; and
- Advising on matters relating to Guelphia's cultural relations with other governments and for co-ordinating and implementing the works of other agencies of government and non-government bodies in the external cultural relations field.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is headed by the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, who is supported by a Deputy Minister and a Parliamentary Secretary, all of whom are supported a large body of civil servants assigned to them to manage the minister's office and ministry generally.
|Minister of State for Foreign Affairs||The Rt Hon. Colin Perrott MHA||2014-present|
| Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs
Deputy Minister for Foreign Aid
|Anna Li MHA||2014-present|
|Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs||Senator Peter Mesnieres||2012-present|
Permenant Secretary and other senior officials
|Permanent Secretary of State||Anne Sandys|
| Chief Operations Officer
Director-General for Corporate Services
Directorates and executive agencies
Agencies sui generis
Secret Service Bureau
The Secret Service Bureau (or SSB) is Guelphia's chief foreign intelligence agency. The body is considered to be an agency sui generis of the Ministry.