Gatehouse Square, Kingsbury
|Controlled by||Guelphian Defence Force|
One the five original public squares built in the construction of the national capital, the Gatehouse Square is formed where Market Avenue and Prince David Avenue converge to meet North Terrace. The two principal buildings on the square are the War Office Building and the Admiralty Office Building. In these buildings can be found the office of the Chief of the Defence Force Staff, the Minister of State for Defence and the three service chiefs. The square is also associated with the Guelphia Gate, a triumphal arch that was constructed in 1936 to celebrate the centenary of European settlement in Guelphia.