Coat of arms of Guelphia
|Coat of arms of Guelphia|
|Crest||The Royal crown of Guelphia|
|Escutcheon||Vert a Horse courant Argent, [...]|
|Supporters||Two Rams rampant proper|
The Coat of arms of Guelphia date back to 1836, when Guelphia was first settled.
The heraldic blazon of Guelphia's coat of arms is:
Vert a horse courant Argent, on a chief Azure supported by a fillet a cross crosslet between two mullets of eight points Or.
The Guelphian coat of arms feature symbols that show the relationship of Guelphia and it's people to the land and it's history.
|Crest||The crest of the arms feature the Crown of Guelphia. It is set as reminder of the Monarchy of Guelphia, and the loyalty of the people to the Crown.|
|Helm||The crown rests upon a golden helm with mantling of blue and gold.|
|Escutcheon||The shield features a a horse galloping (or courant in heraldic terms). The horse is also known as Saxon stead, and reflects the Germanic origins of Guelphia's name. As a point of difference, the horse is on a field of green instead of the typical red seen in German heraldry. The top third of the shield is filled by a heraldic ordinary known as a chief. The chief is separated from the rest of the shield by a thin yellow line known as a fillet, which represents the separation between the land and sea. The chief itself is blue, and on it can be found two stars, representing Alpha Centauri and Beta Centauri, (known colloquially as the Pointers), indicating Guelphia's place in the southern hemisphere as well as the two major islands of the Guelphian archipelago; Brunswick Island and the Isle of Lunenburg. Between the stars sits a type of cross known as a cross crosslet, which is a sign of the Christian belief of the people of Guelphia.|