56th Parliament of Guelphia
|56th Parliament of Guelphia|
|Duration: 17 April 2012 — 27 January 2016|
|Prime Minister|| Matthew Jones|
(13 March 2012 — Present)
|Opposition Leader|| Kristine Dawkins|
(17 March 2012 — Present)
|Party standings in the Assembly|
|Third party||Social Democratic Labour Party|
|House of Assembly|
|Lord Chancellor||The Baroness Fairfax|
|Senate Leader||Jasmine Cassidy|
|Opposition Leader||Toby Lewis|
| 1st: 17 April 2012 — 28 November 2013|
2nd: 29 April 2014 — 26 November 2015
The 56th Parliament of Guelphia was a meeting of the Parliament of Guelphia. The Senators and Members of the House of Assembly were elected at the 2012 general election on 3 March 2012 and first assembled at midday on 17 April 2012, and was dissolved on the 27 January 2016.
- 24 January 2012: Writs were issued by the Sovereign for a general election, and the 55th Parliament was dissolved.
- 3 March 2012: Polling day, between the hours of 8am and 6pm, results in the Democratic Party winning a majority in the House of Assembly.
- 16 March 2012: The writ was returned and the results formally declared.
- 17 April 2012: 56th Parliament assembled.
- 18 April 2012: State Opening of Parliament (1st session).
- 28 November 2013: Parliament is prorogued, ending the first session of the 56th Parliament.
- 29 March 2014: The Democrats lose a seat as a result of the Stanhill by-election.
- 29 April 2014: State Opening of Parliament (2nd session).
- 30 May 2015: The SDLP lose a seat as a result of the Port Frederick South by-election.
- 27 October 2015: The SDLP lose a seat as a result of the death of the incumbent, no by-election is called owing to forthcoming general election.
- 26 November 2015: The last sitting of the second session ends. Parliament is prorogued, ending the second and final session of the 56th Parliament.
- 27 January 2016: Writs were issued by the Sovereign for a general election, and the 56th Parliament was dissolved.
House of Assembly
(Shading indicates governing party)
|End of last parliament||37||71||15||4||1||128||0|
|17 April 2012||72||1||128||0|
|18 November 2013||38||128||1|
|18 February 2014||71||128||2|
|1 March 2014||39||128||1|
|29 March 2014||40||128||0|
|26 March 2015||71||40||11||128||1|
|30 May 2015||72||40||128||0|
|27 October 2015||72||40||10||128||1|
|Latest voting share||56.25%||31.25%||7.81%||3.13%||0.78%|
|Badminton||1 March 2014||Jim Goodwin||National Party||Jason Morgan||National Party||Elevation to the peerage|
|Stanhill||29 March 2014||Tony Moore||Democratic Party||Bill Warren||National Party||Resignation (ill health)|
|Port Frederick South||30 May 2015||Robert Carpenter||Social Democratic Labour Party||Damien Snelling||Democratic Party||Resignation|